Human memory is a funny thing. It often plays tricks on us.
In US legal systems, eyewitness accounts are considered some of the flimsiest
pieces of evidence because someone’s perceptions can cloud their recollections.
What you’re doing and how you’re feeling can potentially warp your memory of
events. Everyone has a different point of view.
Guys, it's okay to cry at movies. I haven't for a long time, but I do come close sometimes even now. I may be missing a few, but these stick out. Granted, most of these were when I was a kid...but not all.
1. I will be doing Geekdom Madness again this year, and for at least the next three-to-four years. Most of you said it was at least fun.
2. According to the survey, you wanted it to start in March and be two polls per week. This is what will happen. Let it never be said I don't listen to my readers.
3. This round will be all new characters, and the next two after that will play with different ideas. And then, if the blog is still around, the cycle will continue.
4. I only got three specific requests for future combatants, one of which was my own. Two will show up in this year's tournament. The third will be featured down the line in a very specific way. No spoilers.
5. Every tournament from here on out will include at least one character from the Star Wars, Lord of the Rings/Tolkien, and Harry Potter universes. Comic characters will also feature prominently. I'll do my best to include Star Trek as much as possible, but I'm running out of characters I like. Deal with it.
6. Please continue to let me know of characters from other works that you would like to see represented at one point or another, either through e-mail or in the comments below. I may not agree with every one, but I promise I will take them all under consideration.
So with my – extremely short – vacation, I’ve actually had a
chance to rediscover a Star Wars property that I hadn’t touched in a long time.
And with a newly released expansion (which I am nowhere near approaching gameplay-wise
even if I could afford it right now), I thought I’d take to time to give one
Saga-fan and I-III champion’s view on the game before returning to the films
that earned me this column over two years ago (has it been that long?)
I’m talking, of course, about Star Wars: The Old Republic