This is Rumor Control. Here are the facts:
1. I will be doing Geekdom Madness again this year, and for at least the next three-to-four years. Most of you said it was at least fun.
2. According to the survey, you wanted it to start in March and be two polls per week. This is what will happen. Let it never be said I don't listen to my readers.
3. This round will be all new characters, and the next two after that will play with different ideas. And then, if the blog is still around, the cycle will continue.
4. I only got three specific requests for future combatants, one of which was my own. Two will show up in this year's tournament. The third will be featured down the line in a very specific way. No spoilers.
5. Every tournament from here on out will include at least one character from the Star Wars, Lord of the Rings/Tolkien, and Harry Potter universes. Comic characters will also feature prominently. I'll do my best to include Star Trek as much as possible, but I'm running out of characters I like. Deal with it.
6. Please continue to let me know of characters from other works that you would like to see represented at one point or another, either through e-mail or in the comments below. I may not agree with every one, but I promise I will take them all under consideration.
The competition starts on March 1st.