Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Reflections on 30

30 years old today.

I've been on this planet for three decades.

What.

I speak to adults who say they grew up with things that didn't exist until I was in my teens.

I'm the new adult generation.

I'm only a "young man" in the technical sense with lifespans ever expanding. Just a few centuries ago, I'd be middle-aged.

I'm already flabbergasted by "kids these days".

And the worst part?

It doesn't really feel any different from my late 20s.

I've learned so much in the last six years, that I am in many ways a different person than I was in college, but that's not tied to any specific number.

I thought I would have more insight, but frankly I don't know how I feel on this milestone of a day.

...

...I'm going to go play some WoW....


3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday, I'm goin' to turn 25 in 2 months and I still feel like I need more learnin to do about this world and whatnot. I'm not one of those people that say "I'm old" when I play or watch somethin' that was in my child and teenhood,in fact, I'm so tired of people usin' that phrase "I'm old" that people my age feel like senior citizens already and it's annoyin'. My cousin said "Dude, you're not old until you hit 60" and it's the truth period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm not old, but it makes me feel old sometimes.

      Delete
  2. This is a bit more belated, but I did remember on seeing this how turning thirty myself took some getting over. However, the birthdays that followed don't seem to have weighed quite as much on me...

    ReplyDelete