Let's meet the combatants:
MATCH 1: Miscellaneous Left
The Audrey II (named on Earth after a girl who works in a Skid Row flower shop) is an alien species of flytrap. Strictly carnivorous, it dupes indigenous life into feeding it until it's big and strong enough to feed itself - traditionally on the poor sap who took care of it - and then germinate and dominate.
* Capable of speech midway through its development, and tends to produce a soothing baritone.
* Can use strong vines as limbs.
* Beautiful foliage.
* Drinks blood at early stages and quickly graduates to living flesh.
* Extremely manipulative; how else would anyone go along with the above?
* Can be a bit crass when annoyed.
Full name: Sir Augustine Danger Powers, KBE. The son of top British Intelligence agent Nigel Powers, Austin became an International Man of Mystery in his own right during the 1960's. After the escape of the notorious villain Dr. Evil, Austin elected to have himself cryogenically frozen in order to be ready for Evil's eventual return. Thirty years later, Evil returned and so did Austin.
* Skilled in a wide variety of weaponry and fighting styles.
* Incredibly charming.
* Believes in freedom and love, often together.
* Overactive libido.
* His mod/swinger mentality puts him at odds with other time periods he's had to operate in.
* Really, REALLY bad teeth.
MATCH 2: Miscellaneous Right
A shop girl living a mundane life in London until one night when The Doctor blew up her workplace to control the Nestine Conciousness. She then became The Doctor's first post-Time-War companion, helping him sort through his guilt and deal with a new regeneration until a temporal paradox forced her to stay in an alternate timeline.
* Very brave.
* Resourceful and clever.
* Capable of great mercy and forgiveness.
* After meeting The Doctor, she became somewhat of a thrill-seeker.
* Has a jealous streak.
* Does not always think how her actions will affect others until it's too late.
A transformer of the Maximal designation that took the form of a Deinonychus. Originally a member of the Predacons, his sense of honor drove him to switch sides.
* A great warrior skilled in many forms of combat.
* Strong sense of honor.
* He turns into a freaking dinosaur. 'Nuff said.
* Can be bloodthirsty at times.
* A spinning blade, while awesome, is very impractical.
The final round of the preliminaries is the weird catch-all group. I have no real preferences, and I have no idea where the hearts of my readers will go. These four different, disparate contenders are a microcosm of the matches to come.
As always, make sure you're viewing the WEB version of the site and vote in the polls (remember, there are two now) on the right-hand side of the screen. Polls close Friday, and results posted on Saturday. Feel free to discuss your picks in the comments below.