Sunday, April 10, 2016

The State of Things

So I missed my deadlines. How surprising.

So, just a quick update on a few things.

1. GEEKDOM MADNESS:
I was late. I screwed up. It will be set later today after this. I deeply apologize.

2. JEDI NEWS:
I submitted an article about a month ago that never went up, and I didn't want to bug my editor without another article, and I just haven't had anything new to say on Star Wars in a while.

3. OTHER OBSERVATIONS:
Hey, remember when I used to do posts looking at interesting points and developments from things other than Star Wars? There's a bunch of that I'd still REALLY like to do, but I can't coalesce my thoughts enough to produce something coherent. I'd like to promise they'll be here soon, but you know what tends to happen when I say things like that (R.I.P. Anniversary Reviews...)

4. ASK THE NILBOG:
I have not forgotten about that, just wanted to give another week or so for last-minute questions. I will answer one of those questions now though as a sneak preview because it pertains a lot to all of the above: Do you have a job yet? Well, no. I have an angle or two that I'm working that have very high chances, but any actual hiring consideration won't be for at least another month, and I'm almost out of unemployment. The stress over our finances and trying to secure these "angles" of possible employment have left me lightly baked to a tender and savory crisp, so that when I do de-stress I just escape into more private and personal forms of leisure (mostly Blizzard games, which I REALLY want to do a series on soon).

5. THE FUTURE:
Like I said, I don't want to make any promises that I'm not sure I can keep, and those of you who still read this have stuck with me through more burnouts and sabbaticals than it's fair to ask. But having this site really does mean a lot to me, and I want to make a better effort at giving you guys more content, and consistent content. I don't know when I'll have the time and energy for this, and I don't know what form it will take, but I hope that when it happens you'll still be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment