Let's meet the combatants:
MATCH 1: Miscellaneous Left
CHARLES FOSTER KANE
* Begins rather idealistic.
* His rebellious streak is somewhat admirable, at least at first.
* Gradually loses his morality.
* Arrogant and domineering.
* So laser-focused on his goals that he doesn't see the damage they cause until it is too late.
DR. SHELDON COOPER
* Has an immeasurable IQ and an eidedic memory.
* Fluent in Finnish, Mandarin, and Klingon.
* Does sincerely treasure his friends, even if he rarely acts like it.
* Criminally socially inept (likely due to one or more undiagnosed disorders).
* Massive superiority complex due to his mental achievements.
* Rarely understands basic human emotion, even when he himself experiences it.
MATCH 2: Miscellaneous Right
Sherlock Holmes first found his calling for deduction while in university. After solving several mysteries for his classmates, a meeting with one of their fathers led him to a career as a detective. Sometimes as a private investigator, sometimes as a consultant with Scotland Yard. With his friend a roommate Dr. John Watson by his side, there is seemingly no case that Holmes can't crack before long.
Pros* Intelligent and knowledgeable about a great many subjects.
* Highly observant and able to pick up on what many others miss.
* Flair for showmanship.
* Can come off as dispassionate and cold.
* Willing to bend the truth or the law if he feels justified for the investigation (whether it's true or not).
* Occasional user of tobacco, cocaine, and morphine.
* Absolutely freaking adorable, and greets everything with boundless enthusiasm.
* Has all the standard features of a S.I.R. including rocket feet, x-ray vision, and empty space in his head to store things like weapons, rubber piggies, a beehive, and a thermos.
* His simple nature will occasionally hit upon a keen observation his master has (and will likely continue to) missed.
* Hyperactive and weird.
* Easily distracted.
* These got peanuts and soap in 'em!
The last Preliminary slots are always the Miscellaneous weirdos that don't seem to fit anywhere else. I feel like this year outdoes the craziness.
As always, make sure you're viewing the WEB version of the site and vote in the polls on the right-hand side of the screen. Polls close Friday at 5:00 p.m., and results posted on Saturday. Feel free to discuss your picks in the comments below.