Sunday, June 26, 2022

Let's Play Pokémon FireRed Chapter 23: You've Got to Know Where Your Towel Is

Previously on FireRed:


























Chapter 23: You've Got to Know Where Your Towel Is



















All right. Beach time.






















Good for you?





















(I have to be really careful using this on the water...)





















You're...welcome? (where were you keeping the money you gave me?!)




















My diet's not THAT bad!

























Uh-huh....





















Now, bring me that horizon...

Oh, hello?




















That's...certainly a choice...























If that's the worst thing that's happened to you, consider yourself lucky.




















Yeah, we're not that deep here...

























I mean I've had a few Tentacool come up to me just surfing here...




















....more Earth, duh?

























Did you just say "blub"?




















....'kay....




















Sometimes?
























Why do I not believe you?





















Always two, there are...






















I know. Somehow...I've always known.




















Yes...




















He's not around for me to. I get worried about him sometimes...




















I'm glad you can have that relationship.




















Excuse me?! There can be only one! Axel, show him!























And Binks took out a Staryu so fast I didn't even see it.





















....He's resting.



















Absolutely not!




























Know your limits. Try to stretch and expand them if possible, but know them.




















They way you said 'friends' is a mite suspicious...


























It's possible. Binks here is keeping me afloat,but she's too small to keep me dry.




















Tru
























I heard that. You almost said 'our'. I know what's going on here, and you know what? Good on you!





















I've noticed.























What is it with you guys saying sound effects aloud?!



















Not of swimming, anyway...




















Yes I can, but so what? Don't you judge me!






















I haven't said this in a while, Raiden, but good job focusing the lightning on just your opponent and not like all of us in the water. Somehow.






















Yeah, that's what I thought.


























Oh yeah? Well, I'll have to get through it to reach the next town, so...




















There's a eeriness to this place...





















Oh neat! I did like her a lot...





















Hey, what do you know about this place?
























Nice try, clown.




















All right, time to make my way through...





















Kinda chilly in here...




















Lots of bats and platypuses wandering about, but otherwise kinda sparse.




















Let's explore a bit more before going down that ladder.




















Hello, what's this? 






















I think I know where this wants to go...




















I should probably be careful around here. No knowing where I might end up...




















Haha, yeah right. I can make it. Follow that rock!



















I think I see the path forward.























Woah! Binks, help!





















Man, what was that?




















You think? Still, I feel like there was a reason for those rocks and those holes and...wha?




















He so derpy. I love him.





















He's a friend of Pluto.

[[Nilbog Notes:


























Seel
#086
Water
"The protruding horn on its head is very hard. It is used for bashing through thick ice."

It's a seal named Seel. It evolves into a nicely bulky Water/Ice that you can also catch in Seafoam (and spoiler alert, I sadly never ran into one), but a lot of people can't get past the first sentence enough to try and raise one. I think they're neat, there's just so many other Water types in Gen 1 I think are neater.]]




















What is on that island over there? The current is kicking up a lot of mist, but I feel like something is staring at me...something familiar...





















I knew that looked like a man-made puzzle. But how do they reset, though?




















Welp, nowhere to go but up!





















Hmmm....this obviously looks like a thing.




















This looks fairly simple...





















Yup, pretty simple- HOLY!




















Ahh, I was wondering when I was going to be running into one of you big boys in the wild.





















He WISHES he looked like Tom Cruise.

[[Nilbog Notes:






























Golbat
#042
Evolves from Zubat at Level 22
"Once it strikes, it will not stop draining energy from the victim until it gets too heavy to fly."

Golbat is charmingly ugly, but very dependable. It certainly doesn't need another non-charmingly ugly evolution. Nope. Nosiree.]]



















Now this one a little more carefully...






















Now to follow this one down.




















Not as much mist as before. The water has calmed down.




















You...I saw you through the binoculars back at the Fuchsia waygate...




















Your time has come.




















Okay, same strategy as before.





















Dang, that's going to keep me from lowering their accuracy. I guess it's time to switch to damaging. Now this should not have the elecgtric resistance Harpo had...



















Still tanked it. I do need to maybe use a weaker -





















Oh gosh, that's trouble. No way Raiden's going to thaw, and I can't even think about tossing balls until they're in the red.




















Yes, water v ice should be just enough!




















OH NO! I need to catch it before it hurts itself! Oh but there's no way it'll happen in one ball...




















IT HAPPENED IN ONE BALL?!

[[Nilbog Notes: I'm just as surprised as you are, trust me.]]




















Now they'll join Harpo (why, are they coming apart?)

[[Nilbog Notes:


























Articuno
#144
Ice/Flying
"A legendary bird Pokémon that is said to appear to doomed people who are lost in icy mountains"

Easily my favorite of the legendary bird trio, and the best Ice Type of Generation 1. It's just really pretty and I wish I had more to say.]]



















Okay, let's see what kind of items I have to heal, and then maybe climb back up this way and look for another boulder from the other side, right Binks? Wait...how can you be over there and ov er here at the same time?





















Ahhh I see. You know what? I'm okay grabbing this one since that other kid wanted one and he ain't getting Binks.






















What's up this other little ladder?




















Good to have, but another dead end.

























Ahh, right ladder!






















Okay, back where I first came in. Let's find another boulder.




















Bingo!























Problem solved!
























This looks like a way out!





















Well that wasn't so bad!




















Not quite...





















I don't care if it's Water v Water at this point. I'm done.






















I'm stoked that went as well as it did.




















It do be like that sometimes.




















On the open sea again. Oh look, a little sand bar.




















How? There are no Pokémon Centers here.

























Should have thought of that before you challenged me and my freezing platypus.



















*snicker* No no, I'm sure you just meant a necklace...

























......

YOOOUUUUU KNOOWWWWWWW!!

Anyway...




















Ew, no thanks.






















Hefty.




















...sure, let's go with that.



















That little place in the distance?























Axel is just that good even as a Fire Type against your Waters.





















Creepy. Cool, but creepy.





















Wait, isn't Cinnabar the place where the fossil nerd said they were resurrecting?























You attacked me!





















Interesting. Can't say I see it.




















Finally, a new town.




















We all need a long rest, and then we'll see what this island has for fun.

***

[[Nilbog Notes: Next week is going to be weird, so the next episode will either be a few days early or a week late depending on how things work out. In the meantime, here's the team (had a lot of random encounters in Seafoam that I didn't show):


















Tune in next time!]]

No comments:

Post a Comment