Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Few Brief Words on The Clone Wars

This will be brief for now, but I want to let you know what's in store.

There's quite a few Star Wars blogs that give reviews of the episodes of the Clone Wars series as they air. When I decided to take the plunge and start this blog, I thought "I'll have me some of that."

So when Season 5 premieres in the fall, I'll be giving my own episode dissertations. There will probably be better ones on some of the sites I've linked on the side, but what the hell. It's fun.

The difference here is that I'm still a Clone Wars newbie. I saw the pilot film in theatres because my wife won free tickets. I thought it was a decent Star Wars EU story, but I couldn't get past the CG. I'm all for computer animation when it works, but I find it overused and I thought the character models were ugly.

So I stayed away from the series. But over the years I kept hearing how awesome and Star-Warsy it was from all sections of fandom. So early this year, midway through Season 4, I finally said "You know what? I'll check it out."

I did and it was awesome.

Why am I telling you this? because if I'm going to start a series of Clone Wars reviews, some of you may wish to see what I thought of your favorite episodes from past seasons. Well, I'm sorry but you won't find it. Even though I caught up on Season 4 during the "May the 4th" event, I'm still out on 1-3. I've seen "Bombad Jedi" on YouTube. That's it.

Of course I'll see them eventually, but you won't see the type of episode-by-episode critique that I'll be doing from here on out. Just keep looking forward to the fall.

May the Force Be With You.

No comments:

Post a Comment