Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fun With Bad Translator

I just discovered this neat little site called Bad Translator.

Apparently, it's an algorithm that uses search engines to translate a phrase back and forth from English to a number of different languages, to see how messed up our original intentions can be.

Here's some of mine in the full post. Post any good ones you made in the comments.


"I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear"
Becomes
"My pants. They are comfortable and easy to use.

"Yeah, Baby! For I am the Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight! Wahahahahaha!"
Becomes
"Yes, Mila! Because the evil midnight bomber what bombs I at midnight am! Wahahahahaha ~!!!"

"It seems that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force, but by our skills with a lightsaber."
Becomes
"It seems that it cannot solve, but our expertise our shrubs, competitive forces."

"Yeah, but John, if the Pirates of the Carribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists."
Becomes
"Abuse of the pirate tourists, not eat like John, Pirates of the Caribbean."

"Mistletoe can be deadly if you eat it, but a kiss can be even deadlier if you mean it."
Becomes
"When you eat, but cats can be fatal, it is if you think mistel toes can be deadly."

"Like fire! Hellfire! This fire in my skin! This burning desire is turning me to sin!"
Becomes
"Like fire! Hellfire! My skin in this fire! Wish my crime!"

"This is why only fools are heroes; because you never know when some lunatic will come along with a sadistic choice."
Becomes
"Because only a fool is a hero, because you never know when it can deal with the crazy in the choice of a sadist."

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
Becomes
"Half of them, and I don't know half of you half as well as you earn less than half."

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see. It's getting hard to be someone, but it all works out. It doesn't matter much to me."
Becomes
"Life is easy with my eyes closed, I see the confusion. Difficult character is similar, but everything is normal. It makes no sense to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment