Saturday, March 29, 2014

Clone Wars Season 6: Order 66

Because, naturally, we're not allowing Revenge of the Sith to happen

Spoilers ahead




The above line was, of course, sarcastic. It was the reason that I had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach during the entire Arc. I knew Fives wasn't getting out of this alive. I knew the secret would never be uncovered fully. I knew that they couldn't, and shouldn't, fundamentally change the entire history of Episodes III-VI.

This arc left me feeling depressed because, really, Fives was unbelievably close to bringing Palpatine's entire scheme down. It was just very sad.

Which, if you think about it, is probably an indicator of some fantastic writing. At the same time, this episode felt more hard Sci-Fi than Star Wars, which I couldn't let go of fully.

Still, at the end of the day, it's a great arc with some good storytelling. And even though it continues with the main problems I have with the Clone Wars series, it also reminds me how stupid it was to end the series right now.

I'm glad I voted for Fives in the Star Wars March Madness thing on the website. Pity he lost there too.

UPDATE: I almost forgot...this episode implies that the Kamenoans were in on everything. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

2 comments:

  1. My take on the Kaminoans is that they knew the Inhibitor chip was to be used to wipe out rogue Jedi, but they didn't know that Protocol 66 was to be used to wipe out all of them-my two cents anyway.

    Man, Palpatine did some really despicable things in this arc too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what was implied, though true to their nature the Kaminoans just do not give a rat's keister.

      Delete