Let's meet the combatants:
A Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey, the being known only as The Doctor (and occasionally John Smith) once took his granddaughter on a joyride in a stolen Time and Relative Dimension in Space craft (a.k.a. TARDIS) and ended up on the planet Earth. Since then, he's taken countless Earthlings on adventures to the farthest corners of both time and space and saving the day wherever he lands. He's had many faces over the centuries, each with its own quirks, but he's always The Doctor.
* Usually has the best interest of the universe and his companions in mind. Usually.
* Has almost boundless knowledge.
* Being able to regenerate into a new body when the last is close to death makes him essentially immortal.
* Some incarnations are colder than others.
* Some incarnations have worse fashion sense than others.
* Always seems to be a magnet for dangerous situations.
THE BLACK KNIGHT
It is not known who he is or how he came to guard the forest path. All that is known is that "None Shall Pass," and the Black Knight always triumphs - until he goes up against King Arthur, that is.
* Steadfastly dedicated to his task.
* A skilled fighter.
* Has a superhuman pain tolerance.
* He's a loony.
* Does not know when he's outmatched.
* Should now really be called "Torso-Boy."
When considering the Doctor, you can vote on all of them or just the one that's your personal favorite. When considering the Black Knight, think about how much of Holy Grail you really do have memorized.
As always, make sure you're viewing the WEB version of the site and vote in the poll on the right-hand side of the screen. Poll closes Friday, and results posted on Saturday. Feel free to discuss your pick in the comments below.