Thursday, April 24, 2014

Nilbog Catches Up on Shows

TV shows used to be a big part of my life. In the last decade or so, this has slipped somewhat, but now with my own place I'm going to have a chance to periodically check out and/or rediscover shows I've been meaning to watch for a while. Armed with my wife's Amazon Prime Instant Video, and my Sister-in-Law's Netflix, the time has come.

And I'm going to share it with you.




Now, these will be infrequent. I have a lot going on in my life, I'm still dedicated to doing Geekdom Madness, and naturally there's my JediNews column which will get VERY busy in May. But as I don't see as many movies anymore, and you guys are probably starved for non-SW-related stuff, I thought that when I finish a season or so of a show I'm trying to catch up on, I'll give you guys a little write-up.

The order I'm going to be watching these series are as follows:

1. Classic Doctor Who. I've got my list of three to five story arcs per Classic Doctor (because no, not watching 50 years worth right now, and thanks to Hartwell for the recommendations), and I'll give my take after each regeneration.
2. Clone Wars. Going to finally watch Seasons I-III (haha).
3. Gargoyles. I'll tell you the full story when I do my Season 1 write-up.
4. Star Trek: the Next Generation. One of my favorite shows as a kid, remember next to nothing about it, and doing this week's GM vote made me want to revisit it.
5. Nostalgia Critic. Yeah, technically a webseries. I stopped watching somewhere around Halloween and I need to catch up. It's hard because he'll do a series of great reviews and then he'll do something hateboyish that makes me not want to look at him for a while. I'll write up on him when I'm caught up to present, which will probably be a years worth when I get through the other shows.
6. Sgt. Frog. I started watching the English dub almost a year ago, and never got to finish it. I'm not a particular fan of Anime, but one of my co-workers showed me an episode and I loved it. I want to find the rest if I can. That's a long way off, though.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment