Saturday, April 2, 2022

Let's Play Pokémon FireRed Chapter 11: Tunnel Vision

Previously on Pokémon FireRed:



























Chapter 11:Bankruptcy Tunnel Vision



















So just like Mt. Moon, Rock Tunnel has its own Pokémon Center outpost.




















Well then I guess it's not worthless to someone. I have a few of those, I should see if there's a pawn shop somewhere.




















Do you mean Ghost Type Pokémon or legitimate ghosts? There is somewhat of a difference.





















Oh, another one?




















Ooh, is that like an evolution stone?





















I have over 30! Do you aide guys not speak to each other?























Absolutely! Which is why I - 




















....what





















.....#@%& YOU!!!!!!

[[Nilbog Notes: Seriously, #@%& the Everstone in the ear canal with a rusty nail file.]]



















Welp, here goes nothing...





















Holy crap, they weren't kidding. It's pitch black in here...






















That's better. It's not quite as homey as Mt. Moon I gotta say...




















I pity the poor soul who felt like they needed this and dropped it.




















Um....




















Oh dear...






















Alright, Hudson.






















Oooh, a Dilophosaur!





















It would have been "Dennis" if it was a male. You didn't say the magic word.

[[Nilbog Notes
















Machop
#066
Fighting
"Loves to build its muscles. It trains in all styles of martial arts to become even stronger"

Solid Fighting Type in a generation where Fighting Types were generally irrelevant. I've always had a soft spot for this line because of its resemblance to my favorite dinosaur, though it always bothered me how its final evolution lost a lot of its dino-ness.]]




















These look crumbly, but nobody I have could hit it that hard I think.




















That's cool and all, but...























Good idea.




















Woo!



















'Not Often' still implies 'More Than Once.' W-why?
























Not once you get to know them, I'm sure.

Okay, with Baku poisoned I would like to return to the center. Indy, can you be a dear and dig us out of here to heal?





















I mean we have to retrace our steps back now, but at least we can heal when we're in dire straits.

Wait, why am I walking? I have a bike now.



















Oooh, big boy!





















We have wormsign the likes of which even Arceus has never seen!

[[Nilbog Notes:

















Onix
#095
Rock/Ground
"As it grows, the rock portions of its body harden to become similar to a diamond, but colored black"

One of the coolest designs in the game hampered by the fact that its stats are abysmal apart from a higher Defense than anyone should be allowed. That said, it's still usable and popular, and it got some much-needed love in future generations.]]



















Umm.....noooo......*shifty eyes*

























I prefer the Golba-aaahhhh-I mean.....ummm.....that is weird and gross..........





















Anything to make me forget that last encounter....





















Dangit! Gonna use that Revive so you still get XP (and maybe I can save one Dig trip)






















I never would have guessed. -_-



















You sure? I'm a real tough cookie with a long history of breaking little hearts like hearts like the one in thee.























Bomp, bomp-bomp, bomp-bomp bomp-bomp.




















That's not part of the song. We were doing so good and then you ruined it.






















So it seems.






















Ugh...can Axel get off a one-shot Metal Claw without being defeated?




















Apparently not...sorry, buddy.
























I've already got one, thanks. Now to Dig out, heal at the Center, and trod all the way back...



















It's actually a lot more straightforward than I was expecting.


























Ugh, you too? One day, Snorlax....one day...



















Ha, as if.




















'Outsider' am I? Do I look like a Pony Boy?






















Ewww, what's that thing?! It's hideous!



















OH?
































...oh...




















Well....ummm.....YOU don't look....err....maybe 'hideous' was a bit strong....eheh....looking good, there girl *awkward thumbs-up*

[[Nilbog Notes:













Graveler
#075
Rock/Ground
Evolves from Geodude at Level 25
"Rolls down slopes to move. It rolls over any obstacle without slowing or changing its direction."

I hate Graveler's design with a passion and never understood why it was so popular with everyone else. I mean, to each their own and the great thing about Pokémon is that every one appeals to someone, but Greveler tops a lot of people's lists and it kind of baffles me. Luckily for me, this is only a middle-stage evolution so I'll be rewarded for waiting it out (though if I had trade capabilities I would Dig back to the Pokémon Center and do it now)]]




















Yet I'd rather bike.






















But then what if the bent twigs get moved?
























Do you want an Escape Rope? I don't need it.





















Thanks for the PSA.




















Ooh!




















I was worried we were coming to this.

See, when I set out on this journey, I wanted to build my team according the the wisdom given to me by the Gym Leaders. Obviously that means representing their Types in my team as best as possible, but once I got that TM from Brock I originally wanted to make usre I taught and kept every move gifted to me.

But I never use Rock Tomb...because Rock Throw is the same Type and same power but with more accuracy.

So...I've been slowly starting to realize that if I'm going to make it from the top, I have to learn when to let certain things go for a better version of it. Rockslide is a 100% upgrade to both Rock Throw and Rock Tomb, so it makes sense to get rid of one to accommodate. But...the right choice to forget is the weaker move, even if it did come from a Gym Leader.

I'll still teach the TMs, but I can no longer promise they'll stay.





















[[Nilbog Notes: I am altering the challenge. Pray I don't alter it any further.]]




















I've used seismic attacks already and everyone seems fine.




















One way to find out.

























At least you admit it.




















Again, this is Oak's SECRET project! How does EVERYONE know about it?!

























No! Go to the lab in Pallet Town and beg Oak for your own!






















First of all, why would you assume I would? Second of all, do you see my flashlight rat making it no longer dark?























Nice try.




















So did I. And I caught it. You point being?




















A little aggressive there...


























Are...are you the reason that other girl is on edge?



















Oooh, another luxury item I can hock.


























Thank you? (still cute tho.......)




















A Zubat got me here. Thunderbolt is amazing in every way and with a heavy heart I had to get rid of Shock Wave. Sorry, Lieutenant. It oddly didn't feel that much stronger than Thundershock if I'm being honest.



















Could it be? Am I near the exit?




















Sunlight!






















Then why are you battling me if you feel that bad?






















Have a drink or something.





















I heard something like that was spotted in Unova but reports are vague.



















Dude, your laugh sounds weird. Are you...like...okay?
























Oh....sorry....





















Do...do you have...like...tissues you can use?




















I dunno if 'delicious' is how I'd describe it.
























I don't know how, but you made it weirder.




















Let me guess the context.
























You must hate the entire world then.




















Woah, that's a huge tower.




















I finally made it! Ugh, I need a long rest before I do anything else here...

***

[[Nilbog Notes: As always, our team:



















Tune in next week!
]]

No comments:

Post a Comment