Monday, November 12, 2012

MM: Skylanders Grades Issue 3

Okeedoke, here are four more Skylanders to review. Yes, I did in fact get six, but two of them work exclusively with Skylanders Giants and since I only have Spyro's Adventure for the 3DS, we'll have to wait.

Once more, we're using Harry Potter O.W.L. grades here. Refer to my older posts to get what the letters mean.



Slam Bam
Attack Speed: A
Attack Power: A
Attack Style: A
Movement Speed: T
Jump Ability: A
Health: O

While a four-armed Yeti sounds cool, in practice he's not all that impressive. I wouldn't have even gotten him if he didn't come with the "Empire of Ice" level pack. He's the absolute slowest of my current figures, average jump, average damage. He's got a crapton of health, but that's his only advantage. His only real use to me is as an extra Water life on the console versions (where you can't revive Skylanders mid-level)

Ghost Roaster
Attack Speed: O
Attack Power: D
Attack Style: E
Movement Speed: A
Jump Ability: A
Health: A

With the speed and variety of Ghost Roaster's attacks, he would be devistating in the right hands. Those hands are not mine. I have a really hard time reaching his potential. He's a solid fighter, but another third teir for me.

Cynder
Attack Speed: O
Attack Power: O
Attack Style: O
Movement Speed: E
Jump Ability: E
Health: O

Now this is what I'm talking about! I always love electrical-based attacks ("UNLIMITED POWAHH!!!!"), and Cynder's base Dark Lightning certainly fits that even better than Zap. She's fast, she's a glider, she's powerful. She has a lot of health, but I dunno...there might be a mitigating defense stat because she seems to lose that health rather quickly. Still, a close second where Undead fighters are concerned. This is also my first Series 2 (Orange Base) figure that's made for Giants but is actually backwards compatable. The new sculpt is more impressive than the old one by a country mile (and the meme-tastic "Cyndertits" aren't as prominant here)

Wham-Shell
Attack Speed: A
Attack Power: A
Attack Style: O
Movement Speed: D
Jump Ability: A
Health: O

Like Slam Bam, I would not have voluntarily bought Wham-Shell were it not that he came as a freebie for spending a certain amount of money on Skylander stuff (while supplies last). Unlike Slam Bam, however, Wham-Shell turned out to be a pleasant surprise. While his primary mace attack would have gotten an A normally, his secondary attack where he launches starfish puts it up to an O (even though the damage is minimal). He seems much more of a solid fighter too, and those eyes are just a gorgeous blue. I'd pick the crab over the yeti any day of the week.

That's it for now, but I'm sure I'll have more to judge come holiday-time, as my wish list still contains a number of Series 1 and 2 Skylanders. As for the exclusively Giants figures...well, we'll see when a used 3DS catridge without redundant figures goes on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment