Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Well, THAT Escalated Quickly.

If you're the kind of reader who pays attention to links, you may have noticed a new one amongst the ranks. After so many people spread my post "The Truth, The Whole Truth, And Nothing But The Truth About Star Wars", it caught the attention of one of the editors of Jedi News, a UK website that moniters news coming out of Lucasfilm and once in a while has some flavor articles. They asked me to work as a contributor.

I was so honored that I accepted, and my main Star Wars articles will appear there when inspiration strikes to write them. Now does this mean this blog is going down?

1. No, because I still have other non-Star Wars things I write about on a weekly basis, and those will still be here.

2. No, because my deal with Jedi News is that I can re-post my articles on this very site, provided I wait a day after it comes up on Jedi News and provide links. In fact, I don't know how this deal is going to go so you may very well see a "director's cut" on here from time to time. Plus, for the moment anyway, my Clone Wars episode reviews are exclusively on Nilbog's Storybook Land.

As much as I see this as a great opportunity to get my writing to a broader audience, part of me feels that I don't really deserve it. As much as I put my heart and soul into that piece, I was saying nothing new. Almost everything I said in that post are points that people like Lazypadawan, A New Hope, and Paul F. McDonald have been making for years. In fact, I credit them time and again and wholeheartedly for helping me find my voice as a Star Wars Activist (and what exactly is that? Read Jedi News this Thursday or Nilbog's Storybook Land on Friday! *COUGHSHAMELESSPLUGCOUGH*)

Basically what I'm saying here is that, as I take my first step into a hopefully larger world, I vow never to forget where I came from and who helped me get here. And this blog will remain open until either I die or Blogspot does (whichever comes first).

May the Force Be With You, Always.

P.S. Keep circulating the other article whenever you see hater propaganda!

No comments:

Post a Comment