Monday, December 10, 2012

Clone Wars 5.11: A Sunny Day in the Void

They're...uh....they're flocking this way...

Spoilers ahead



Colonel Gascon and the droids run afoul of some ice comets and are forced to crash-land on a barren, uncharted planet.

My thoughts upon seeing the opening narration here were the same thoughts I had with "A Test of Strength": "Really? There's an arc here? Last time wasn't just a cute one-shot? Well, okay then. Here we go..."

This one took me a little longer to get into, however. Gascon, who I still say is a MiB reject, pretty much went back on his entire character development from last week and started out treating the droids harshly again until about three-quarters of the way through. I just don't like the guy. This is personal taste, and in no way indicative of the show's quality, but I just do not like him.

WAC-47, however, I continue to enjoy. Though this episode regresses him a bit too as he seems to have picked up a few of the Colonel's bad habits.

The middle section where the Colonel starts to go batcrap is actually pretty dark and introspective for the kind of goofy arc this is supposed to be. The moment was a pleasant surprise, as was the appearance of the ornithomimids near the end.

I'm interested in seeing where this story goes, though it's clearly more of a character study (which I like). I just hope when they do definitively end the arc, they make it obvious, since I keep getting faked out.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure the next episode (which airs in January of next year) Will feature the clone commando

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm staying away from hints and spoilers and "next week on" because I want to be genuinely surprised.

      Delete